Thursday, January 21, 2016

Round 2! Feeling Good!

Okay, so the first IUI didn't take - I'm over it.

This SECOND cycle has got me very excited for a couple reasons:

1) Now that they have gotten to know my body's timing during the 1st IUI, they were able to pin point PERFECTLY when my follicle(s) would be mature and ready to trigger.

2) During my last ultrasound appointment, things looked way different than the first go around. My lining was much thicker and my right ovary showed a HUGE, mature follicle (I think they measured at 21 or 23mm) with another pretty big one as well (18mm). Left ovary was quiet, which is good - not sure I want THREE eggs floating around! They had me trigger that night (never fun) and scheduled my IUI for the morning after next.

3) IUI day: lining still looks fantastically thick, but SURPRISE - my big follicle had collapsed, ensuring that I had actually ovulated this time (last time my follicles were still big and round and I was nervous I didn't actually ovulate). The 18mm was still there, but doc suspects that one will release an egg as well - prob in the next few hours.

4) Sperm count was high once again. My husband is so great. I mean that in all sincerity. We are so blessed (cliche, I know) that he is in tip top fertility shape!!

Husband says he doesn't want to get his hopes up, but that he said a prayer this morning. I loved that. Makes me happy to know he wants this as bad as I do, but sometimes just has trouble expressing it. The whole macho male thing... *sigh*.

Anyway, now I'm back to feverishly researching and reading blogs - like I'm going to learn something I already don't know. Most of the links in my search results are that already-looked-at-purple color. I'm just so excited and want so badly for this to be it.

I think I'm going to take a different approach this time. Instead of acting like I'm pregnant and emotionally beating myself up, I'm going to act like all is normal! Nothing different here! Well, I will cut down on drinks - but other than that, I am completely normal! Hopefully that will cut down on some stress and make this 2ww seem a lot shorter.

Fingers crossed and lots of prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment